Part-Time Intensivist Opportunity in Missoula, MT
Part-time Intensivist opportunity in Missoula, MT! Ideal opportunity for those seeking an active outdoor lifestyle, while not compromising big city amenities.
Community Medical Center (CMC) is a community-based, not-for-profit 151-bed hospital owned by the community of Missoula. CMC is the only facility providing obstetrical and newborn care in Missoula County and the only hospital in western Montana that has a separate pediatric intensive care unit for children with the largest, most comprehensive, and longest-standing rehabilitation center of its kind in the state.
- 14-bed ICU; Open unit model with mandatory Intensivist consult
- ADC: 9-13 patients per day
- 1 intensivist 7 am-7 pm; Night shifts are covered by an in-house hospitalist supported by a teleICU physician; Intensivists take procedural calls from home overnight, however, the call burden is very light (1-2 times per year)
- EMR: Cerner
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Board certification in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Known as the “Garden City” for its forested, lush surroundings and plentiful freshwater, Missoula is the leader among Montana cities in culture, community, and bringing national events to local venues. A four-season recreational destination, Missoula stays active year-round with events, outdoor activities, local breweries, and an abundance of city parks. Home of the University of Montana, Missoula is popular with Division 1 sports lovers and academics alike. The beautiful Clark Fork River runs through the city center and the area offers mountain kayaking, surfing, canoeing, biking, hiking, trail running, & skiing. Missoula’s airport also has daily flights to major cities on 4 major airlines. Missoula has an exceptional live music scene: The Kettlehouse Amphitheatre & The Wilma Theatre are home to musical artists like Trey Anastasio, Modest Mouse, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Phil Lesh, Old Crow Medicine Show, and many others.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.