The Clinic Physician shall provide advice regarding the development and coordination of clinical policies and procedures and shall act as the preceptor to Physician Assistants and professional supervisor to Family Nurse Practitioners, medical program staff and clinical support staff. Shall participate in the coordination and monitoring of all organizational wide performance improvement activities. Shall serve as a member of the Accreditation Continuous Quality Improvement Committee (ACQI), and participate in Provider meetings and Pain management meetings. Shall offer professional advice to the CEO of Health and Human Services when requested. The Clinic Physician shall be responsible for providing primary health care to clinic patients and “walk in” patients.
*Yreka & Happy Camp Clinics, CA
* Full-Time, Exempt
* Saturday walk in Clinic rotating coverage at Yreka location.
* Shall reasonably provide direction and oversight to our drug and alcohol rehabilitation program, when appropriate. Shall apply for and receive DEA X number and Participate in MAT Program to help in the reduction of opioid addiction.
Competitive Wages, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life Insurance, Retirement Benefits/401K (5% employer contribution with no match requirements, no vesting period), PTO, 12 paid holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount (15% discount on eligible calling plans of $34.99 or more per month), Group Air Ambulance Membership: discounted rates through local air ambulance providers: Mercy Flights (Medford), Mercy Air/PHI (Redding), and REACH for Life (Redding).
1. Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with Native American people in culturally diverse environments.
2. Exhibits the ability to manage time well and work under stressful conditions with an even temperament.
3. Displays the ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public.
4. Demonstrates the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
1. Must be a graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine and have completed training internship and residency as required for California Licensure.
2. Must be licensed by the State of California Medical Board with preference given to physicians Board certified in Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine or equivalent work experience.
3. Must be certified as a preceptor for physician extender or willingness to become certified if required.
4. Must possess current DEA registration for prescribing narcotics and X number to assist in MAT Program.
5. Must obtain CME as required for license renewal. Must attend IHS provider conferences as requested.
6. Must meet credential and privilege standards and be granted privileges from the Karuk Tribal Health Board.
7. Must obtain and keep current BLS CPR, ACLS, PALS, AND ATLS Certification.
8. Must provide documentation of immunity to measles and rubella or become vaccinated with the recommended vaccine and Hepatitis B vaccine and test annually for TB. Must have an annual health examination. Annual flu immunization is a must.
9. Must possess valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
10. Must strictly adhere to confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
11. Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening test and be willing to submit to a criminal background check.