Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- 139-bed, non-profit, acute care hospital
- An established team of 8 physicians, two advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 9-bed, open ICU with excellent sub-specialty back-up
- If working in the ICU or at night, you must be able to run codes and be comfortable with rapid response calls; central lines, intubations, and vent management are required.
- Residents welcome to apply!
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
In 2017, the Medical Center in Alpena was recognized as a Top Rural Community Hospital by the National Rural Health Association, was named to the Becker’s Hospital Review 2017 list of 100 Great Community Hospitals, and received Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO) 2019 Governor’s Awards of Excellence for outstanding achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement in Outpatient Quality Reporting Acute Care Hospitals, as well as Hospital Value-based Purchasing Acute Care Hospitals.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Alpena, known as the Sanctuary of the Great Lakes and located on the shores of Lake Huron, is an active and engaging community known for its outdoor activities and laid-back lifestyle. Excellent housing options vary from historical homes to the privacy of rustic settings with shopping & recreational opportunities nearby. Outdoor life is the name of the game – hiking, biking, and kayaking, canoeing, camping, hunting and fishing, and shipwreck tours are within minutes. Recreational and leisure activities for the entire family. Museums, historic landmarks, golf courses, festivals, and endless year-round events offer the sort of lifestyle a family would want.