Primary Care Travel Physician
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve.
Valor Healthcare operates more than 30 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
Valor is different because of our people.
Our leadership team is comprised of veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world-class patient experience for our Nation's Heroes.
Many of our colleagues have veterans in their families or are veterans themselves, resulting in an individual commitment to customer service that is second to none.
The Primary Care Physician diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ
systems and delivers preventive and therapeutic treatment of primary care needs, including
chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical examination testing and non-
invasive treatment. This includes strong communication with fellow team members to ensure the
expectations of Patient Aligned Care Team metrics are met.
- Actively diagnoses and treats our veterans.
- Examines patients for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders, determines nature and extent of injury/disorder, and performs comprehensive physical examinations.
- Develops and implements patient management plans and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Counsel patients on the use of prescription medications, educates patients, assesses mental health issues, and provides routine health maintenance.
- Evaluates patients’ records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Completes the documentation of the medical record within 24 hours of a patient encounter.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
- Will comply with all VA guidelines in regard to appropriate and timely response to all patient request, alerts and notifications, consults, orders, lab results and diagnostic studies.
- Will comply with the VA formulary process and consult protocols.
- Will serve as a collaborative physician to mid-levels where appropriate and needed.
- Will comply with all VA guidelines in regard to appropriate and timely clinical documentation, including the completion of all encounters by close of business.
- Will address the clinical needs of all walk-in/triage/urgent care patients.
- Will comply with all VA and company training requirements.
- will comply with VA requirements related to women’s health certification and competencies, as well as any elements needed for maintenance of such certification.
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate in the clinic’s outreach events to help support the clinic’s enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance, when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives that drive the success of the Valor business.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.