Valor Healthcare operates over 50 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in
the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a
full range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the
specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary
care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
About Our Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Plan
- Great Work/Life Balance - No Nights/Weekends
- Outpatient Only
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- Limited Call (phone only)
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Personal Days
This Physician job opening last updated on 05/19/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on MDJobSite.com.
Diagnoses and treats mental and behavioral health conditions. Provides supervision as needed to Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists and social workers including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, short-term, solution focused counseling, education and referral for resources and benefits, and case management. Develops program content and organizes & leads activities planned to enhance social development of individual members and accomplishment of group goals. Collaborates with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual requirements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' clinical medical practice with adult patients. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration.
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency – AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
What We BelieveOur core values:Devoted in our serviceSelfless in our heartsTrustworthy in our actionsDedicated to diversityCourageous in our soulsUnited in our effortWe’re Honored To Be RecognizedValor was the first CBOC provider to hold The Joint Commission blanket accreditation for Ambulatory Care, meaning any CBOC opened will be accredited by The Joint Commission.Our definition of a patriot is anyone who puts country overthemselves, whether as a member of the military or through anothergovernment agency or department. You’re all heroes to us.We believe that America is full of patriots, and we don’t just mean those who bravely defended our country through military service.Why Inclusion Is Important To UsPerspective is critical in healthcare. We all have different wants,...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company