Full-time Family Medicine Physician and Nurse Practitioner needs in sunny Ganado, Arizona! Provide patient care, ambulatory and inpatient, at a hospital serving Navajo Nation and surrounding community.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Participate in quality improvement/patient safety projects including antibiotic stewardship, preventive care, and provider education
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations for adults and children
- Cooperative team approach to health care planning, health promotion, disease prevention, curative, and rehabilitative services
- 12-18 patients per day
This facility acts as the sole provider of care for the Navajo Nation chapters and communities south of Route 26 (Cornfields, Steamboat, etc.) Navajo Nation is an area that is approximately the size of West Virginia, with a population of approximately 173,000 people living on the reservation itself. There are significant health disparities on the Reservation, with an estimated 30% of people without access to clean water, 30% without electricity, and 40% or more unemployment prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 25-bed adult inpatient unit and outpatient clinic
- PT and rehabilitation, wellness center, speech therapy, lab and radiology services, diabetes & community health services program, purchased/referred care, optometry.
- Most referrals are sent to Fort Defiance, Chinle, Gallup, Albuquerque, Phoenix, or Flagstaff.
- Within a few hours’ drive of many national and state parks, including Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Petrified National Forest, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, Zion NP, and Bryce NP. It is also with a few hours’ drive of scenic Sedona, ski resorts in Telluride and Taos, and cities such as Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, and Phoenix.
OUR VISION is a world where the most vulnerable communities have access to the best health professionals.
OUR MISSION is to connect the best healthcare clinicians to the underserved, while utilizing an ethos embedded in health equity and social justice. We actively seek physicians and other advanced practice clinicians of multiple specialties to serve rural, underserved, and tribal communities. We prioritize working with dedicated and energetic clinician leaders who embrace our mission and the practice of social medicine.
- Fully licensed in the state of Arizona, and have an active AZ DEA - or eligible
- Committed to rural and underserved healthcare
- Compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioner
- Board-certified (may be Board-eligible only if just completed residency)