- BC/ BE in Critical Care/ Pulmonary Medicine
- Academic component
- Full time
o 7a-3:30p or 8a-4:30p
- No Call or overtime unless emergency
- Will oversee daily operations of a 10 bed ICU and provide consultation services to the Pulmonary and Respiratory Department during M-F clinic operations.
- Begin upon credentialing (8-10 weeks)
- 6 month commitment
o Admit, examine, treat, transfer and discharge assigned patients.
o Performs H&P on assigned patients admitted to the ICU and acute care ward as needed. May be requested to provide Hospitalist coverage as needed based upon workload.
o Performs daily rounds on all assigned inpatients and writes daily progress notes.
o Evaluates patients as appropriate for change in status.
o Performs inpatient procedures of internal medicine specialty when required.
o Attends daily interdisciplinary and discharge planning rounds with team.
o Maintains policy orders or notes as appropriate (e.g. restraint, DNR, medication reconciliation and encounter forms).
o Will provide coverage for critical care consultations from services within our facility and extended care. These consultations will include written documentation.
o In the absence of one provider, or in the event of extraordinary need, the Critical Care and Pulmonary Service will provide cross coverage for inpatient services and emergency needs including outpatient services as needed to ensure patient care quality is maintained.
o Be competent in ventilator management.
o Be responsible for appropriate documentation of clinic notes, consultations, and procedures using the computerized patient record system (CPRS).
o Complete electronic encounter forms for each patient encounter, with all encounters completed daily.
- Must be BC/ BE Pulmonology and/or Critical Care
- BLS & ACLS (Both are required and must be American Heart Association accredited – can be obtained during credentialing)
- An active and unrestricted US State license (any state)
- An active and unrestricted DEA
- US citizenship or Green Card/ Permanent residency status